Haryana Govt Schools Embrace Tab-Based Exams via Nipun Teacher’s App for Classes 1-3

Teachers have received proper training and guidelines, that must be kept in mind while conducting the exams using the app
(Representative Image)

After the examination, teachers are required to record the students’ responses on the app, making the results readily available in real-time

The evaluation process for students in classes 1 to 3 at government schools in Haryana is undergoing a transformation with the implementation of the periodic assessment via the Nipun Haryana Teacher’s App. The ongoing assessments for Hindi, English, and Mathematics, pivotal subjects for foundational literacy and numeracy, commenced today and are scheduled to conclude on Saturday, reported The Times of India. During this evaluation, teachers will ask questions from the app to each student, noting their replies orally or in writing on a tablet or sheet.

Additionally, the app includes the Oral Reading Frequency (ORF) exam, which points out the students’ mispronounced words which must be corrected and calculates reading time. Teachers have received proper training and guidelines, that must be kept in mind while conducting the exams using the app.

After the examination, teachers are required to record the students’ responses on the app, making the results readily available in real-time. The results are available for download in formats specific to subjects, classes, and students. Students will be graded on a scale of 100 for each subject. Their responses on the app-based tests accounts for 80 per cent of their score, with the remaining 20 per cent assigned based on individual assessments by the teacher.

Saroj Dahiya, the district elementary education officer, told TOI that the upgraded app has additional features that allow parents to track the progress of their kids. Parents may also use the app to remain up to date on classwork and homework tasks handed out to them. Dahiya further noted that after a subject or class has met its objectives, teachers would be able to keep track of each student’s subject-specific competence level.

The Nipun Haryana Teacher’s App now has a daily information icon through which the teacher can pass on updates to the parents. Teachers will be able to email parents school information as well as homework instructions. However, according to TOI Manoj Lakhra, the nodal official stated that this facility would be activated following the introduction of the Nipun Haryana Parent App.


Posted

in

by

Tags:

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *